How To Repurpose Content For Maximum SEO Impact? Producing fresh and engaging content is challenging. Repurposing content from the past does not just ease the burden of creating fresh, interesting titles but also improves the SEO of your website. Here’s how.
What is Content Repurposing?
You write blog posts with a specific purpose and audience in mind. However, these goals can change over time. Repurposing is a great option. Repurposing content means adding value to your content by revising it extensively.
Although this definition sounds vague, it’s actually true because there are many ways to recycle content. Repurposing content can increase the value of a blog by reaching new audiences and adapting your message to fit the current climate.
This allows you to reach people you didn’t know the first time. Repurposing also saves time since you don’t have to start a new blog.
Why Repurpose Content?
Repurposing or reusing content seems strange. In the end, anyone who has little SEO information knows that plagiarizing or copying content is a major problem for search engines.
However, repurposing content is not the same as republishing content. It’s the trend to upcycle the world of content. You’re taking existing content and giving it a fresh look and feel with a fresh format with changes and detractions. Do it right, and Google and others can recognize that this content isn’t just duplicated and pasted elsewhere.
The advantages of repurposing content are:
It allows you to make better investments and reach a wider audience. Let’s suppose you have one blog post that brought you good traffic. Based on this, you made an infographic and a short video. This will increase your organic traffic without spending a lot of money or time. Repurposing content also allows you to update the record with newer information.
When you repurpose your content, you have an opportunity to put your new SEO knowledge to good use. You might have used certain keywords in your blog, but they are no longer popular. To appeal to current keyword data, you can revise the blog. These advantages combine to make your efforts in repurposing worthwhile.
2. Expand Your Reach
Although they may share many commonalities, your target audience members will likely have different learning styles and preferences. Some prefer audio, while others prefer visual learning. Some people like numbers while others prefer examples. It is possible to repurpose content into other media to increase your reach to your target audience.
3. Diversify Your Content
Marketing is all about consistency. However, you don’t have to use the same medium for every situation. Instead, communicate the same message through all channels and mediums. You can achieve consistent messaging across channels by repurposing the same content in different formats.
4. Targeting the Buying Stage
Not everyone in your audience is at the same stage in the buyer journey. People who are on the brink of purchasing may need more information to make a decision. People who are just starting to get familiar with your business might be looking for shorter, more digestible pieces of information. Instead of creating content for each buyer stage, reuse one piece.
How To Repurpose Content For Maximum SEO Impact?
Before you begin to recycle content, there are a few factors to consider when implementing your reuse of content strategy. It is important to determine what pieces you want to reuse and in what way.
Step 1 – Your best performing content
What podcasts or blog posts were the most watched or heard? If you can determine which are the most successful pieces, you can reuse those pieces that you know a portion of a population enjoyed the first time.
Depending on your site depending on your website, you might be able to view the blog’s analytics, blog post views, and much more in Analytics. If you’re using Google Analytics for your website, you’ll be able to utilize their dashboard to see the blog posts and posts that are most frequently read.
You may want to think about the reasons why this certain blog entry was so well-known as it is at the moment it was.
Step 2 – The structure of the content that has been reused
With a list of successful content, you need to decide if there’s worth repurposing them or, if so, in the format they should use. Certain content is simpler to edit in comparison to other types of content. Interview-style or subject-oriented posts can become more challenging than statistics-driven posts that could be repurposed in many ways and easily updated with new information.
There are many options to modify content, such as:
- Lists – Who doesn’t like lists? For consumption purposes, the content of listicle posts is easy to read as they come written in bite-sized pieces. They can also be published through SlideShare as an example which is able to be utilized in many ways.
- How-to guides or articles – These are clearly laid out in a systematic order, and repurposing the content into an instructional guide is a smart idea. Perfect for recycling educational content. How-to guides are among the most well-known formats for blog posts.
- Data-driven posts – These include a number of statistics that can prove the point you’re making. For certain posts, if you know there are changes to the data and you want to update it, that makes sense. Visualizing this through graphs is an excellent method to reuse information within blog posts.
Step 3 – Methods to reuse content
The process of creating content from scratch takes time and effort. Repurposing blog posts gets the greatest benefit from this writing process.
- Blog post-converted to PowerPoint slides – SlideShare might not be as well-known as other media sites, but for the sake of the business aspect, it puts your brand and content in front of a crowd that is eager to consume content in this manner.
- Blog posts can be converted into infographics – Infographics are great for repurposing content in many different ways. In addition to being vibrant, they can also be easily shared. With graphic designers, visually appealing graphics follow an easy path through the information. Infographics are excellent for sharing on social media as well.
- Blog posts converted to mini graphics – Infographics may be too big to share; therefore, creating mini-graphics in bite-sized sizes is another method of repurposing the content of a blog post. Transform it into a sharable size. However, a mini-graphic has to be extremely hard-working, and while they’re entertaining and helpful, they don’t always yield the highest number of backlinks. However, reusing content is just as about maintaining the momentum of your business as it is SEO.
- Blog posts converted into videos – Videos that are short, simple to consume videos that make use of the content or information taken from blog posts are an excellent way to reach an audience that isn’t previously reached. Content is all about the ease of consumption and guides on how-tos and so on. Videos are a great way to communicate information quickly and quickly. The popularity of videos has grown, with an average time of viewing of fewer than two hours. YouTube is also increasingly serving as an online search engine. It means that your content may be found within search result pages exposing the brand’s name to the new public. Additionally, eighty-seven percent of advertisers believe that the video produced positive ROI.
- Blog posts can be converted into podcasts – The market for podcasts is growing. It’s no wonder they are so easy to consume; listeners can listen at a convenient time for their schedule, whether it’s 3 am or 7 pm, while on the tube to home or relaxing at the end of the day on the couch. The process of building a community for podcasts isn’t going to happen overnight it’s like blogging. It requires effort, dedication, and a plan. When you plan your podcast, include discussions and topics that are at the heart of your popular blog posts, and you could have some excellent episodes to choose from.
Repurposing content is an essential and integral part of your SEO. It can give new life to older content; the content is still valuable for you, your readers, and your customers and also within the realm of search engine optimization. SEO can be described as a race, not a sprint, and therefore if you don’t reuse the same content word-for-word, reused content won’t get you any points. In this post, we have shared steps on how to repurpose content for maximum SEO impact.
Also, Read – Google Ads Location Targeting: 10 Best Geo-Targeting Tips For Smarter Google Ads Campaigns